Thursday, January 24, 2013

Are you on Google+?

I'm a blogger, vlogger and soon to be etsy store owner.  I know a lot about social media so I have taken on some social media consulting for businesses.  Some of my consulting friends (not all) believe google+ is the future.  They have been saying this for a year now.  I shake my head as to their understanding because they do not have any reasons to support this idea. They will say being on g+ will help with your SEO on the google search engine but this is a reason for businesses and marketers to be on g+.  To go where the people are, to reach the ultimate end user - you're not going to find it on google+ (g+).

It is my belief that g+ is late in the game.  Most people are on facebook.  You have your businesses and your PR folks that are on g+ but your average jo and jane schom is not.  I'm not saying that Google+ is not a place to join. If you own a business you should be putting your name on every network just to reserve the name.  And I love g+'s google hangouts and I have used it often.  I find it more user friendly then skype. But getting your average house wife or house husband with three kids and a full time job to use google+ when they are on facebook is a mystery.

I also find g+ a bit invasive.  When I started to put my friends in circles, I didn't know that g+ was going to send out mass spam e-mails to the friends who were not on g+.  I was a little embarrassed so now I make sure that I only put them in a circle when I know they are on g+.

With all that said, I am still attempting to learn google+.  If anything my business to business clients might appreciate it.

I would love to hear what you have to say, I started a community on google+ called social media networking and we're discussing .... How do you use google+?  I'm hoping I will understand what my other social media pals see.

How do you use google+?:
http://bit.ly/WoDnkt

No comments:

Post a Comment